Saturday 30 November 2013

Apple and Oats.


Baking alone can be hard when you have a sweet tooth. Most recipes cater for a few people, and I find that just having junk food in the house is liable to being eaten in one go. Even if you do try to decrease the recipe size, it's often difficult to get just right. 
I discovered this recipe on a recent internet trawl, which I tried out tonight. It was so delicious that I had to share!


Apple, Cinnamon and Oat Crisp

What you need:
1 Apple
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp oats
1 1/2 tbsp plain flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter

What to do:
1. Slice apple and place in mixing bowl. Mix in sugar, oats and flour and pour into baking dish
2. Mix together oats and butter (it's ok if the butter is still in small chunks)
3. Pour on top of apple mix
4. Microwave for 2 minutes, or bake in oven for 20 minutes
5. Remove, cool a little, eat and enjoy!

I decided to microwave mine because I'm an impatient eater. Next time, I'll try popping it in the oven for some extra crisp.

+ How cute is the little ceramic pot? Handiest purchase this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...